31 Mar 2019 Posted in Press releases
- The Ministry of Law (MinLaw) today announced board appointment changes at the Intellectual Property Office of Singapore (IPOS). These appointments will take effect from 1 April 2019.
Appointment of New Board Members
- MinLaw has appointed the following two new members to the Board of IPOS.
- Mr Nicky Tan, Chief Executive Officer, nTan Corporate Advisory Pte Ltd
- Mr Ted Tan, Deputy Chief Executive Officer, Enterprise Singapore
Reappointment of Chairman
- Dr Stanley Lai, Partner and Head of Intellectual Property Practice, Allen & Gledhill LLP, will continue as Chairman of the Board, a position he has held since April 2013.
Reappointment of Board Members
- The following ten individuals have been reappointed for a term of two years commencing 1 April 2019.
- Mr Ali Ijaz Ahmad, Co-Founder and CEO, Makara Capital
- Mr Douglas Foo, Executive Chairman, Sakae Holdings Ltd
- Mr Han Kok Juan, Deputy Secretary, Ministry of Law
- Dr Lim Kuo-Yi, Managing Director, Monk’s Hill Ventures Pte Ltd
- Ms Neo Gim Huay, Managing Director, Enterprise Development and Managing Director, Sustainability, Temasek International Pte Ltd
- Mr Suresh Sachi, Deputy Managing Director (Corporate & Legal) and General Counsel, Agency for Science, Technology and Research
- Mr Sim Feng-Ji, Divisional Director (Income Security Policy Division), Ministry of Manpower
- Mr Eric Teo, Adjunct Associate Professor, Division of Accounting, Nanyang Business School, Nanyang Technological University
- Professor Tsui Kai Chong, Provost, Singapore University of Social Sciences
- Ms Audrey Yap, Managing Partner, Yusarn Audrey
- Mr Daren Tang, Chief Executive, IPOS, was earlier reappointed until 15 November 2021.
- The following board members will be stepping down upon the completion of their terms on 31 March 2019. MinLaw and IPOS would like to thank them for their service and contributions.
- Mr Abhijit Ghosh, Partner, International Tax, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Mr Tan Min-Liang, CEO, Razer Inc.
- A brief write-up on the new members and the full list of IPOS board members are attached in Annex A.
New Board Members
Mr Nicky Tan
CEO, nTan Corporate Advisory Pte Ltd
Mr Nicky Tan currently runs nTan Corporate Advisory, a boutique corporate finance and corporate restructuring firm. Prior to forming his own consultancy firm, he was Partner and Head of Global Corporate Finance at Arthur Andersen Singapore and ASEAN. He was also previously Partner and Head of Financial Advisory Services at PricewaterhouseCoopers Singapore and Chairman of Financial Advisory Services at PricewaterhouseCoopers Asia Pacific. A qualified chartered accountant, Mr Tan is a member of the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants.
Mr Ted Tan
Deputy Chief Executive Officer, Enterprise Singapore
Mr Ted Tan is the Deputy Chief Executive Officer of Enterprise Singapore, where he oversees the Industry Clusters. Prior to assuming his current role in April 2018, he was the Deputy Chief Executive of SPRING Singapore and International Enterprise (IE) Singapore. He is currently the Chairman of IPI and Chairman of SEEDS Capital Pte Ltd, as well as a Board Member of Advanced Remanufacturing and Technology Centre (ARTC), SMU Academy, and Singapore Academy of Law (SAL) Ventures Ltd.
Board Members of Intellectual Property Office of Singapore (as of 1 April 2019)
Dr Stanley Lai
Partner and Head of Intellectual Property Practice
Allen & Gledhill LLP
Mr Ali Ijaz Ahmad
Co-Founder and CEO
Mr Douglas Foo
Sakae Holdings Ltd
Mr Han Kok Juan (Ex officio)
Ministry of Law
Dr Lim Kuo-Yi
Monk’s Hill Ventures Pte Ltd
Ms Neo Gim Huay
Managing Director, Enterprise Development and Managing Director, Sustainability
Temasek International Pte Ltd
Mr Suresh Sachi
Deputy Managing Director (Corporate & Legal) and General Counsel
Agency for Science, Technology and Research
Mr Sim Feng-Ji
Divisional Director (Income Security Policy Division)
Ministry of Manpower
Mr Nicky Tan
nTan Corporate Advisory Pte Ltd
Mr Ted Tan
Deputy Chief Executive Officer
Mr Daren Tang (Ex officio)
Intellectual Property Office of Singapore
Mr Eric Teo
Adjunct Associate Professor, Division of Accounting, Nanyang Business School
Nanyang Technological University
Prof Tsui Kai Chong
Singapore University of Social Sciences
Ms Audrey Yap
Last updated on 31 Mar 2019