31 Mar 2017 Posted in Press releases
- The Ministry of Law (MinLaw) today announced board appointment changes at the Intellectual Property Office of Singapore (IPOS). These appointments will take effect from 1 April 2017.
Appointment of New Board Members
- MinLaw has appointed the following three new members to the Board of IPOS.
- Mr Ali Ijaz Ahmad, Co-Founder and CEO, Makara Capital
- Ms Neo Gim Huay, Managing Director, Enterprise Development and Managing Director, Sustainability, Temasek International Pte Ltd
- Mr Eric Teo, Adjunct Associate Professor, Division of Accounting, Nanyang Business School, Nanyang Technological University
Reappointment of Chairman
- Dr Stanley Lai, Partner and Head of Intellectual Property Practice, Allen & Gledhill LLP, will continue as Chairman of the Board, a position he has held since April 2013.
Reappointment of Board Members
- The following eight individuals have been reappointed for a term of two years commencing 1 April 2017.
- Mr Douglas Foo, Executive Chairman, Sakae Holdings Ltd
- Mr Abhijit Ghosh, Partner, International Tax, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Dr Lim Kuo-Yi, Managing Director, Monk’s Hill Ventures Pte Ltd
- Mr Suresh Sachi, Deputy Managing Director (Corporate and Legal) and General Counsel, Agency for Science, Technology and Research
- Mr Sim Feng-Ji, Director (Industry Transformation Maps Programme Office), Ministry of Trade and Industry
- Mr Tan Min-Liang, CEO, Razer Inc.
- Professor Tsui Kai Chong, Provost, Singapore University of Social Sciences
- Ms Audrey Yap, Managing Partner, Yusarn Audrey
- The following board members will be stepping down upon the completion of their terms on 31 March 2017. MinLaw and IPOS would like to thank them for their service and contributions.
- Ms Deborah Ho, Managing Director and Head of Senior Relationship Management for SEA, Barclays Bank PLC
- Mr Keoy Soo Earn, Partner, Leader, Merger and Acquisition, Singapore & SEA and Valuation & Financial Modelling, SEA, Deloitte & Touche LLP
- A brief write-up on the new members and the full list of IPOS board members are attached in Annex A.
New Board Members
Mr Ali Ijaz Ahmad
Co-Founder and CEO, Makara Capital
Mr Ali Ahmad is the Co-Founder and CEO of Singapore-based Makara Capital, a global financial services company that specialises in fund management, private equity as well as structuring and financing, with a core focus on innovation, infrastructure and energy. Mr Ahmad has previously worked at Morgan Stanley, The World Bank and Goldman Sachs & Co. He holds a Master in Public Administration from Harvard University (Kennedy School of Government).
Ms Neo Gim Huay
Managing Director, Enterprise Development and Managing Director, Sustainability, Temasek International Pte Ltd
Ms Neo Gim Huay’s work at Temasek International includes developing new businesses, building capabilities of portfolio companies, and promoting sustainability strategies and initiatives. Ms Neo has previously worked with McKinsey & Co. in the United States and Africa, the Ministry of Trade & Industry, various other Singapore Government agencies, and Singapore Airlines. She holds a Master of Business Administration from Stanford Business School and a Master in Engineering and Bachelor of Arts from Cambridge University.
Mr Eric Teo
Adjunct Associate Professor, Division of Accounting, Nanyang Business School, Nanyang Technological University
Mr Eric Teo is an Adjunct Associate Professor at Nanyang Business School, Nanyang Technological University, and is the Founding and Present Chairman of the Institute of Valuers and Appraisers of Singapore (IVAS) Council. Mr Teo is also the Chairman of the Membership and Standards Recognition Board of the International Valuation Standards Council (IVSC), the global setter of valuation standards. Previously, Mr Teo was an Executive Director of Ernst & Young (EY) Transaction Advisory Services in Singapore, and has also worked in DBS Bank. He holds a Master of Business Administration from Curtin University and is a Fellow of the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants, CPA Australia, Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and Senior Fellow of Financial Services Institute of Australasia.
Last updated on 31 Mar 2017