20 Jul 2020 Posted in Press releases
- The Minister for Law has appointed a new Chairman and Deputy Chairman to the Board of the Singapore Land Authority (SLA). These appointments will commence on 1 August 2020, together with the appointment of two new members and reappointment of two members to the Board.
- Mr Yeoh Oon Jin will be appointed as Chairman for a term of two years commencing on 1 August 2020. He is currently the Executive Chairman of PwC Singapore.
- Mr Yeoh has been on the SLA Board since 1 August 2016, first as a member, then as Deputy Chairman since 1 August 2017. He also chairs the Finance and Investment Committee. During this period, he has provided key strategic guidance on SLA’s financial governance, and ensured strong financial accountability in SLA.
New Deputy Chairman
- Mr Loh Lik Peng, a member of the SLA Board since 1 August 2017, will be appointed as Deputy Chairman for a term of two years commencing on 1 August 2020. He is currently Founder and Owner of Unlisted Collection.
- The following two new members will be appointed for a term of two years commencing on 1 August 2020:
- Mr Jerry Koh (Joint Managing Partner, Allen & Gledhill)
- Mr Lim Soon Chong (Regional Head, Investment Products & Advisory, Consumer Banking Group & Wealth Management, DBS Group Holdings)
- The following members will be reappointed for a term of two years commencing on 1 August 2020:
- Ms Marina Chin (Joint Managing Partner, Tan Kok Quan Partnership)
- Mr Ho Chee Pong (Director-General, Singapore Customs)
Out-going Chairman and Member
- The following members will complete their current term of office on 31 July 2020:
- Chairman Mr Lim Sim Seng (Group Head, Consumer Banking and Wealth Management, DBS Group Holdings)
- Ms Lock Yin Mei (Partner, Allen & Overy LLP)
- In his six-year term as Chairman, Mr Lim was instrumental in pushing a holistic transformation agenda for SLA. During his tenure, SLA undertook numerous innovations, such as SMART Land Asset Management System, Virtual Singapore and 3D Singapore, and expanded its national geospatial role to include GeoWorks, the Geospatial Trusted Centre, and the Geospatial Centre of Excellence. Mr Lim played a key role in helping SLA become more proactive and enterprise-centric. Under his leadership, SLA consistently ranked amongst the top three in the Pro-Enterprise Ranking Survey, and achieved first place in 2017.
- The Ministry of Law and SLA extend their appreciation to Mr Lim and Ms Lock for their invaluable contributions to SLA during their terms of appointment.
- The following members will continue to serve on the Board:
- Dr Chong Yoke Sin (President, Singapore Computer Society)
- Ms Margaret Goh (Member, Sentosa Cove Committee)
- Mr Mok Wei Wei (Managing Director, W Architects)
- Mr Calvin Phua (Deputy Secretary, Ministry of Law)
- Ms Angeline Poh (Chief Corporate Development Officer, Mediacorp)
- Mr Eric Sandosham (Founder & Partner, Red & White Consulting Partners LLP)
- Mr Tan Boon Khai (Chief Executive, Singapore Land Authority)
- Mr Philip Yuen (Chief Executive Officer, Deloitte Southeast Asia)
MINISTRY OF LAW
20 JULY 2020
Bios of New and Reappointed Members (179KB)
Last updated on 20 Jul 2020